Tuesday

AD207

I have been introduced to my work placement module recently where I will have to complete 120 hours of work related learning. I have started to work as part of a small team to create our final years fashion show. On our first meeting we viewed Newcastle Colleges previous fashion show and picked out the key elements and what we think we can improve for this year’s show. There are 6 key elements to consider when organising such an event. These include;
·         Aims & Objectives
·         Budget
·         Audience
·         Venue
·         Theme
·         Accessories

We decided upon a WHITE theme for the show, we thought this would be very clean and fresh looking. White is modern, and very spring/summer which ties in well with the timing of our show. I noticed also when looking through vogue that white is a very common summer trend, for example in 2010 ‘Clean Energy’ was featured and 2011 ‘Seeing the light’ I thought about the idea of maybe coming up with a more unique title rather than just white. I think this would be more innovative and thoughtful. We want something the audience would instantly pick up on, as this will be visible on posters and advertising around college. We have no budget so everything has to be done for free, or borrowed! Due to no budget our show will be held at Newcastle College. We know that there is a pure white room in Blandford square which is also part of college; this would be perfect for the show. I think it is important to have the show in a venue close to college or part of college as this will promote our work and college to new students. I have so far found lots of white imagery and inspiration online.

No comments:

Post a Comment